You’ve heard the stories. The house design. Perfect. The house price, spot on. The site works. A lot more than expected. Wait. What? What are these site works? And why am I paying this much for dirt to be pushed around on my block? You wouldn’t be alone and yes, the cost of site works can be a little frightening. But once you see what’s involved and how it works, you’ll see that it’s not the builder trying to over charge, but more a cost for what’s involved and one that many builders would love to avoid.
Siteworks also, referred to as Earthworks are often blamed as a hidden cost when it comes to building. It is the process of levelling and compacting the ground for your new build.
• Site Scrape – To remove debris, rocks, trees, and any organic matter
• Removal of surplus soil from the site
• Preparation of the sand pad – this is machine compacted on your site to ensure your site is suitable for construction. The depth of the sand is dependent on your site.
• Site Peg and House Set Out
• Retaining wall
• Limestone Access Track
• Gas, electricity and water runs
• Plumbing and Sewerage
• Footpath and Kurb Reinstallment
For a more specific idea of what your blocks siteworks will include contact us.