It’s been a hot summer so far! We know the power bill can take a beating with the airconditioner or fans on all the time so here are some other tips to help keep your home country cool!
1. Keep curtains or blinds closed in the middle of the day to lock out the heat and retain the cool air.
2. Turn your TV off when you aren’t in the room – tv’s give off heat!
3. Avoid cooking hot meals in the oven.
4. Check what the overnight temperature will be before you go to bed, if it is lower open the windows for a natural cooling process.
5. Consider replacing your older aircon unit with a newer more efficient product.